Old 05-05-2014, 11:57 AM   #2027
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brush52 View Post
Collections for selected authors rather than all

Tried to search but to no avail. I am trying to send selected books to the Kindle (keyboard) but the "preview collections without saving" facility appears to be saying that all books (1000+) will be sent.
I am simply trying to send all books from five selected authors into separate author "folders".

Am I missing something obvious -- or is it simply that if I tried it it would work !
One plug-in you may want to use in conjunction is kiwidude's Reading List plug-in. This plug-in allows you to manage the books you currently have on your Kindle (or other readers), and the great thing is that it will automatically run Kindle Collections after it syncs the books (you'll need to indicate that you want it to do this in the Reading List config under the Devices tab).

I have been using Reading List and Kindle Collections together for years, maintaining/syncing the content on all of may families readers (we have 3 all together).

If you search both the Reading List and Kindle Collections threads using my ID (edwdecarlo) you will find several postings I have made to explain how to set then up; as well a solution to overcome the Kindles very poor Series/Grouping management.

Hope this helps.