View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 10:14 PM   #502
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
I don't normally bother with negative reviews but I thought if I save just one person it will be worth it...........

Just finished the first in the As the World Dies series by Rhiannon Frater called The First Days.

Probably the worst book I have ever had the displeasure to read. My only wish is that I had had the courage to gouge my own eyes out rather than finish this book but I'm one of those anal people who MUST finish books.

The characters were so ridiculous as to be pathetic. Jenni made me cringe every time she thought or said something. All characters started out as cliched caricatures and went downhill into pathetically written stereotypes. The action sequences were only vaguely interesting and not even remotely suspenseful or exciting. The writing was terrible. The number of grammatical, spelling, typing and layout errors showed it had not been proof read. In fact it read like a terrible first draft of a school kids english assignment.

The inane repetitiveness of some things were so grating as to have me screaming. I get it that Juan's pet name for Jenni is Loca but he doesn't need to use the word every time he talks to her and certainly not multiple times in a single sentence or paragraph. And nobody says "Gawd" as much as these people.

Save yourself the time and money and read any other book, whether about zombies or anything else, rather than this one.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote