View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #29
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Just the evil vs stupid thing, perhaps.
Hanlon's Razor, right?
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

The only problem I have with dismissing it as stupidity is I cannot believe these people are actually stupid. They make some amazing technology, grow it to a billion dollar company while still managing to give most of their products away for free. There have got to be some smart people making decisions. If so, then there is some smart reason behind these decisions, and if those smart decisions are to do stuff that's bad, that's what I call evil in this context.

I hope it's just stupidity, I really do. Stupid decisions get corrected, and stupid people get replaced.

A corporate trend toward evil would mean I can't trust them, and I may need a new browser (Chrome), new mail system (gmail), new phone number (Google Voice), new phone (Android), and new laptop (Chromebook) and I don't want to change all that!

Last edited by ApK; 05-02-2014 at 02:20 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote