View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 03:47 AM   #1
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
another one from Germany

I am reading eBooks on my Palm T3. I limit myself to ebooks without DRM and i prefer SF so i am a Baen barfly now. My preferred reader is Mobipocket.
The iLiad looks promising so i think about buying it later this year.

I am also a Delphi programmer and i curently work on a free program to generate eBooks in different formats. This stemmed from my interest in extracting the content of Mobipocket books and from someone asking me to control litgen.dll from Delphi.

The current state of affairs is that i can generate LIT files through control of litgen.dll from Microsoft, .mobi books through control of the new mobigen.exe from Mobipocket, .prc (old style) Mobipocket ebooks through my own code.
I currently work on integrating Rocketbook through rbmake from http://rbmake.sf.net

Several other formats are in the make also. Simple .doc and .rtf by letting Word convert it for example. .chm (Windows help file) is another interesting format.

For now the program can only interpret an OPF file and generate the eBook from it. All the useful tools required like editing, cleaning HTML, pushing simple text to HTML, creating an OPF file in the first place are still missing.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote