View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #21
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
As far as I can tell from reading the app's description and the reviews, it does not actually "mount" the external storage as part of the file system, instead making a "streaming" adapter. If true, then CC can't use it because it needs to be able to treat books as files. Reader apps must be able to do the same thing. Question: can you open a reader app, navigate to an arbitrary book file on the external storage, and open that book in the reader?
Hi Chaley,

I tried and what happens is the Nexus Media Importer will make a copy of the file onto the internal memory of the Nexus 7 and then the reader program will launch. And no, I can't open a reader program and then browse to the file. I also tried to activate WebDav access via the ES File Explorer program that can access the media via localhost FTP, but I could not get it to work.

What's interesting is I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note II which is suppose to be getting KitKat and the phone has a microSD card slot which I don't see Samsung abandoning. It get's mounted so I'm certain Samsung is going to develop some way to handle this quirk with mounting the memory card.

It's too bad someone hasn't come up with a way to mount media that doesn't involve rooting.

Regards,

Jim
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote