View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #602
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
I am very interested in this one, but I think I will skip due to the price.. 5-600$ and I would snatch it, but 1100$? Ouch!

Also, I do consider the resolution quite low for such a large screen these days.
Actually larger screens tend to have lower resolution as measured by ppi although the actual 1600 x 1200 at 150 ppi is fairly high for a screen this size. The idea of high ppi is mainly for small screen devices that are expected to be held closer to your face. This one is designed to be used at arms length. I would be afraid that doubling the resolution would severely impact performance. It is the highest resolution that E Ink currently offers although display controllers can probably reach 40 to 50% higher but not 2X, maybe 2000 x 1500 perhaps a year from now.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote