Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #790
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Okay. I was looking up some public domain philosophy books and there was this one I read in management class. I don't know what I did with the book. I wanted to keep it but I obviously didn't.

Anyway, it is a book written by a Jesuit and old enough that it is in public domain (may not be a good PD translation, though). It *may* have 100 in the title. The prof described it as being more for middle-managers where "The Prince" was more for CEOs and gave the example that Machiavelli would say, "lie." The Jesuit guy would say, "Don't lie. You'll get caught but don't tell the whole truth, either." I remember there being some excellent, witty quotes in the book.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote