View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #457
Dngrsone
Groupie
Dngrsone herds cats with both ease and graceDngrsone herds cats with both ease and graceDngrsone herds cats with both ease and graceDngrsone herds cats with both ease and graceDngrsone herds cats with both ease and graceDngrsone herds cats with both ease and graceDngrsone herds cats with both ease and graceDngrsone herds cats with both ease and graceDngrsone herds cats with both ease and graceDngrsone herds cats with both ease and graceDngrsone herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Galaxy SII 'E4GT' and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Quantum cryptography? Is that the kind where even the senders doesn't know what the message is until you open the code book?
Essentially-- cryptography is the science of creating secret messages, so if the message is intercepted on its route between sender and recipient, it cannot be read.

Quantum cryptography relies on quantum physics to encode and decode the message, so in theory it should be less easily breakable.

Of course, given enough time and resources, any code will be decipherable, the main element is to make that deciphering as difficult (usually: time-consuming) as necessary to ensure the information gleaned is rendered useless to the adversary.

Considering that mathematics is an underpinning of science, and there is a lot of science going into the art of cryptography, I'd say this is a good place for the recommendation.

Personally, I am always looking for a good book about numbers and the history of numbers, but I doubt there are enough people interested in that subject to create a specific thread.

Last edited by Dngrsone; 04-21-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote