View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #591
FantoM
Enthusiast
FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
The screen costs more than LCD so devices with Pixel Qi would have higher prices (or lower profit margins for the manufacturer).

Consider the reaction to the price of the Sony device. Consumers want a variety of things from their devices, and the technology to make them exists, but that doesn't mean that the consumers would be happy with the prices.
Yes, I agree. In my case, now that you've shown me this technology, I would love that some company/manufacturer used the Pixel Qi technology in some 8''+ tablet with pen input, preferably... This would be something like the best of two worlds! I understand the cost, but I would pay the price if it was built with reasonable hardware (and software), built for taking notes and with good performance, at least, on the web (which e-ereaders can't do very well).

In the Digital Paper case, I'm willing to pay what Sony asks, because it is really good, built for the task I require. And yet, I think if it was capable of displaying colours (like if it incorporated Pixel Qi), the price would be more acceptable.
FantoM is offline   Reply With Quote