I have a PRS505 and love it. I took advantage of the Oprah coupon, plus I had 2 $25 dollars gift certificates from Amazon; so I was able to take $100 off for a final price; ended up paying $259.
I just received my Kindle today, and I have a few questions:
1) Why the cover don't fit? It's not secure and the Kindle keeps slipping off when I'm holding it.
2) I'm so use to the Sony PRS505, I can't seem to find a comfortable hold for the Kindle. Am I suppose to read with the cover off?
2) I keep accidently pressing the page turn button, does it get better?
3) I just attached the USB cable to get a few book samples but they did not show up until I turned the wireless thing on; am I doing something wrong?
4) I have not yet purchased a book but do I need to turn on the wireless after I purchase a book for it to show up?
5) Is the book loaded on the harddrive? I guess what I'm asking is it possible to convert amazon's books and read them on my Sony now that I can buy books from them?
My 505 is still my 1st love but I'm hoping to also fall in love with the Kindle! By the way, it's not as ugly as the picture. December of last year, I researched all the readers for 2 weeks with the help of this board and chose the Sony PRS505; I passed on the Kindle because I felt it was visual un-appealing!
: I don't regret my choice because I love my Sony but the Kindle is not that bad!
I'm so addicted to my reader that I wanted a 2nd one but not 2 Sonys; I wanted a different software format so I chose the Kindle because of content & a great price!