View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #23737
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I can't begin to tell you the level of vetting this breeder does with her prospective owners. I swear my army security clearance was less invasive.Lol
I'm quite sure. (My security clearance for the Army was pretty damned invasive, too, FWIW.)

However, when I see Savannah breeders' sites, what I see are a lot of celebutwits, etc., brandishing these animals (some at awards' red carpets, where I'm pretty damned sure no cat WANTS to be) like the latest fashion accessory. I agree, Savannahs are lovely, but between having to keep Servals captive to keep the breed going, the price tag(s) and the "fad breed" issues, I'd personally rather acquire my cats either through adoption or via paying a (relatively) normal price for my MC's and give the other $9-20K or what-have-you to no-kill shelters, myself.

BUT: to each their own, and just being able to afford F1/F2 Savannahs means you are doing quite well. Good for you.

HItch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote