View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MacBook Air, iPad Air
Finding the best web sites

Cool Tools has highlighted an interesting approach to finding the best web news based on concensus web article selection.

Kevin Kelly says, "I hypothesized that soon there would be a meta-site that would aggregate all the consensus filters into one. The next day Thomas Marban from Austria wrote me to say that he had already written one, called PopUrls. I've been using it daily for the past month and its great.This single page now replaces my need to directly read Digg, Reddit, Delicious, Furl, Slashdot, BoingBoing, NewsVine, Metafilter and all the others that I subscribe too. This one page encapsulates up-to-the-minute headlines from 15 consensus filters, and top thumbnail images from the social sites Flickr, YouTube, and Google Video. The hive mind on one screen."

Read the full article to see exactly how he uses it. No word yet on how well it might integrate into mobile solutions. Anybody already find a good way to use it on a handheld?

Update: It seems I left out the direct link... PopURLs.

Last edited by Bob Russell; 05-06-2006 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Added the direct link.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote