View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #18
peterson
Connoisseur
peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades77 View Post
Sorry to bother you again. But there's one more thing I noticed:
Assuming in config.sh I have
Code:
DISABLE_WIFI=1
then WiFi is switched off regardless whether the Kindle is in Screen Saver mode or not. In my eyes that makes no sense. I think it only should switch WiFi off, when in Screen Saver mode.
DISABLE_WIFI was an internal variable where the script would remember whether it enabled the WiFi and would turn it back off. I thought maybe somebody would like to use it to make sure that wifi is always disabled (e.g. in case you turned it on and forgot to turn it back off), however I did not assume a 5 minute check-interval as in your case

I am not sure whether it makes sense to have this extension support turning wifi off only during sleep. This would not be the task of the script, but rather something new, and here it probably should be "turn wifi off after X minutes of use".

Last edited by peterson; 03-27-2014 at 06:51 PM.
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote