View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #21
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Sage. Ex Sony (PRS-500, -600, -650 and Nook)
So I just received my email with the link about the switch to Kobo.

And the instructions basically say create a Kobo account and then I'll be told which ebooks will migrate. And the FAQs have already said magazine subscriptions won't transfer (though nothing about already delivered magazines AFAICT.)

So, with 281 books and 44 magazines on my machine, an already weak battery and doubts about whether I'll buy a replacement reader, and no guidance as to if those that don't migrate will remain available on my 650 and PC, I'd say that is a major reason to not want to upgrade today. I'll wait to see what others report about any books which don't transfer.

Those are my reasons for not transferring at the moment. (Not saying I won't, only that I'm not eager to.)

I would give Sony an F minus for how they've handled the transition so far, although that does not surprise me and I should have known better after having had MiniDiscs and later a rather expensive MP3 player they never wrote a Windows 7 driver for. (BTW Sony, last time you've ever gotten me on a proprietary technology of yours.)
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote