View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #10
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
There are other options. To get the look and feel of a standard Android tablet, you could add a launcher (ADW Launcher) without having to root. This will get you folders for better organization. You don't lose any of the stock Fire features. Switching back and forth is as easy as hitting the home button or the ADW app. I have this on my Fire HD 7.1 and love it. Instructions can be found here:

To get access to non-Google apps that Amazon doesn't carry (Nook, Kobo, 3M Cloud Library), you can sideload the APKs or install third party appstores (like 1Mobile Market). I find it easier to use other appstores. Instructions here:

To get some Google specific apps without having to root, follow these instructions:
Thanks Tubemonkey: I already use two of these alternatives, what I was looking for was a way to add the google play store so that I can get some of my Google apps directly on the Fire from my account. But I guess that is not possible without first losing Amazon features, which I do not want to do.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote