View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
I don't disagree at all! Again, not trying to use the browser but just to punch through to Amazon's servers. If that requires jailbreaking though, I'm afraid that may lead to blacklisting.
For that, a "system level" proxy is what you need.
Do some searching here, I think twobob built one (squid).

As an alternative - -
Do you have ssh access to the network proxy you have to talk to ?

Then use ssh port forwarding from localhost on the Kindle to the network proxy you are sitting behind, AND
Setup /etc/host to direct the Amazon domains to localhost.

Haven't tried it myself, but should work in this case, where you only have to forward a few ports through the network proxy.

You might also be able to use iptables DNAT to get the packets to your network proxy.
Your Kindle probably does not have the DNAT module installed, but I am pretty sure that both I and other people built and posted it somewhere here.

- - - - -

Our (mis-named) device jailbreak only adds a single certificate file to the system which allows MR packages to be installed.

Amazon does not blacklist your device for making additions to it.

Last edited by knc1; 03-03-2014 at 10:49 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote