View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #35
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I'd be happy with that.
With what are you happy: versioning without comments up to version 1.0, or immediately posting the 1.0 version at a certain date?

Quote:
It sounds like we need a shared Dropbox folder with a set of sub-folders, one for each story. We could also have an author's brief readme.doc in each folder where we could note our current thoughts and the story status.
I was thinking along those lines as well.

Quote:
Are we all able to agree on .doc as the file format?
I don't really care, as long as LibreOffice can open it without messing up.

It would be adviseable to NOT use any layout, because it's a hassle to reconcile different styles and layouts when combining documents.

The final output of the anthology will be Word 2003 DOC-format, because that is what Smashwords seems to prefer.

Quote:
How are you envisaging handling the reviewing process? By email, with the whole team copied in?
I'm thinking that at some point, we'll set a date at which the final draft will be posted into the author's Dropbox folder. Then we'll all pick one story (the same one) and read it. We all post a file with our comments into the author's subfolder. The author can react to these comments by updating each file, and he/she can edit the story and post a new version, pointing out the changes. We read it again (the changes, mostly), and post comments in the comment file. And so on...

After we all decide we're done with reviewing and editing this story, it'll become final and can't be changed anymore. Then we'll move to the next one and repeat.

This process could be the longest part of the creation of the anthology.

After all stories have been reviewed and edited in this way, I'll download the final ones and start building the ebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Actually, saving as pdf might make most sense for me and to make it easy for others to read.
Yes, but it wouldn't be wise to post the final version (the one that gets into the anthology) as a PDF. I'd highly prefer that you'd post that in ODT, DOC, or TXT format.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote