View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #96
Cyberman tM
Addict
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ImcoV6l; Elonex EB600 Cool-Er; Kobo Wifi
Today's not my day...

To quote someone here this forum: some days it's not worth chewing through the leather straps...

I thought the touch-screen of my reader was kaputt. Apparently it wasn't, though it didn't react at all.
A restart (reset) finally helped - interestingly,it didn't work until it was connected to a power source. May be coincidence.

I reinstalled the latest update (figuring it'll overwrite all non-data areas), but a problem remains:

whenever I open a book, the music starts to play. VERY annoying, of course. I have no idea why.

Also, during the time the touch-screen didn't work, a serious flaw in the design became very apparent. The reader is entirely useless without its touch-screen.
You cannot even turn it off! Let alone open a book.

[edit]Does anyone know if there is a way to do a factory reset? Kobo has a special partition with the whole system to copy over, but does ImcoV6L have something like that too?

[edit2] Instead of spamming this thread with (more or less interesting) tidbits, I've decided to create a page on the Mobileread wiki in my userspace:

http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/User...man_tM/ImcoV6L

hope that's alright.

Last edited by Cyberman tM; 02-27-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote