View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #20
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane R View Post
Who was BN targeting with their device?

They were not going to leach Amazon customers. And I doubt it had much appeal to the general public as the general public isn't visiting book stores anymore and didn't have much loyalty to the BN brand.
1) When I started making ebook purchases, and needed to tool them, B&N books caused the least fuss of any of the vendors I knew about. I became a steady B&N customer, reading my purchases on vintage 2010 resistive-screen tablets running Android 1.6. Eventually the Nook Color came out (too heavy!) then, the HD. Except for the crappy speakers, I love the HD. I was really on the path to being a Nook HD fiend.

2) Many look down their noses at walled gardens, but for some users, it is a good thing (my husband, for example). He now has a Color and an HD. He's not set up with Google Play. He likes the reading and web experience. (I keep it fed with books and subscriptions).

They tried to save the ship and failed. Everyone's got 20/20 hindsight. Were they supposed to sit out the hardware revolution?
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote