Thread: Firmware 3.2.0
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #68
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
@davidfor:

Although I'll quickly test myself when 3.2.0 is finally available, do you know if the following issues have been solved?
  • Pdf navigation in landscape mode.
I'd completely forgotten about that problem. But, I am very happy to say that it is fixed.
Nope, it's better handled but it's not fully fixed.
+ Touch areas are fixed.
+ Buuut, if you have applied zoom, when you turn pages the focus is kept in the lower left corner instead of upper left one...

Quote:
Quote:
  • page-break-avoid, widows and orphans, @page (other CSS properties?) being ignored in ACCESS...
Unless I messed up my test case, that hasn't changed. I only tried the widows and orphans.
Reconfirmed. Everything as always...

Quote:
Quote:
  • The extra spacing around some punctuation symbols (..., em dash, ) when justifying in ACCESS
I remember the discussion on this. I don't have a test case to show it one way or another.
It's still present as expected.

As a test case for it you can grab my simple test book from here, or you can watch it happen in any English book which contains "..." or dashes.

And now NEW issues within the dictionary calling. The new system which puts the match in the upper or lower part of the screen is much more better. But as expected there are some steps backwards...:
  • There's no way for going to full page dictionary mode by tapping on the definition.
  • Now, try selecting a word without definition (example a derived word like "name"+"ish" to form adjective). As I cannot go to full page mode if I want to look for the meaning of "name", now I have to call the dictionary from the lower right bottom and then type "name". In previous versions I was able to go to the dictionary search from the selection, so I only had to delete the ending of the word... (Much easier. Believe me. I read in English which is not my mother tongue, and "remembering" difficult words in order to type them is much more difficult than deleting ending letters in order to find the meaning of the root).

Frustrated. It's just incredible how Kobo cannot update anything without adding new issues...
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote