View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #29
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@unboggling - you can see the custom columns in the EPUB via the Book Editor. If you want to see it in the viewer you need a customised metajacket - I hacked Modify to put the jacket at the back of the book

BR
Ah. Thanks. I hadn't noticed before, the content.opf under Miscellaneous in Edit Book. That is sufficient for me. I don't use metadata jackets. I was under the impression that metadata jackets don't include custom columns, unless that is hacked too.
It's not a hack according to my definition of a hack, I'd call it customisation.

Copy the resources/jacket directory from the calibre install directory (where the calibre.exe is) to your calibre configuration folder.

You can then edit template.xhtml to include and exclude columns including custom columns. How To instructions are in the template.xhtml file. You can prettify by customising the stylesheet.css, I don't bother with that as I'm a substance trumps form sort of person.

==========

My defn : A hack is something which you have to take care of when it stops working.

My defn : A customisation is adjusting a 'by design' feature using external gadgets (eg text and image editors) for which I would expect some supplier support if a previously working customisation stopped working.

Thanks for the karma - it was that that lead me back here.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote