View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 09:59 AM   #19036
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
I finished The Night Circus, which I enjoyed. I particularly loved the ending, though I did find the middle a bit of a slog.

I have now started on A Tale for the Time Being, which I actually listened to as an audio book and enjoyed enough that I wanted to read the text, because it is a complex tale about time, Zen Buddhism, physics, ocean gyres, bullying etc. which is told through the lens of a diary, letters, and a watch washed up in plastic bags on a beach in British Columbia. The diary is that of a bullied Japanese schoolgirl and the book goes between her story and the story of the person who found it, a writer named Ruth obviously based on the author.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote