View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 04:05 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdStout View Post
I know how to go the other way 'round (just drag), but how do I transfer an Apple-purchased book (for example) from iBooks to Calibre? I like to use Calibre as my central repository for all my eBooks, and I use it as a bridge to GoodReads, which I use as my central repository for all my books (e- and otherwise).

iBooks seems to ignore outbound drags to Calibre. And I haven't had any luck dragging the source .epub folder/book from the iBooks/Books folder to Calibre, or adding it directly from there (probably because it's a folder and not a file?).

Any ideas, folks?
Ed
Unfortunately this is not currently possible. Apple provides no way to directly address the books on an iDevice, and the current calibre facility to transfer books via iTunes is one-way (to the iPad device).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote