View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 03:40 AM   #10
bbpo8
bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Arc and Aura HD, Kindle Keyboard, and DX
I chose MoonReader, but really I can't see a heckuva lot of difference between the 10 or so reader applications that I use. (MoonReader, Kindle, Readmill, Kobo, Google Play, Acrobat, Pocket, Firefox, FBReader, OfficeSuite).

What gripes me is that most of them want the books in a certain directory of their own, and it is not easy to organize books into categories. I really miss the file management capabilities of the desktop computer.

And they all have different interfaces and conventions - this is like the usability hell of personal computers decades ago.

On the plus side: Acrobat is excellent for PDF files. Kobo Reader has a nice system of Collections. OfficeSuite has the capability of jumping around the file system easily.
bbpo8 is offline   Reply With Quote