View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 03:36 AM   #10
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!
 
Posts: 447
Karma: 5365
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sin City
Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
I changed the booktype to news so that they appear as folders.

Doing the SAME thing to all files, some showed up as folders (30 or so), some didn't (470+ or so). Of the ones that didn't, there were a variety of them - azw, prc, mobi, DRMd, unDRMd. They were all covered.

The files themselves were never physically moved. They were only manipulated with mobi2mobi.

The files that didn't appear as folders DIDN'T appear at all anymore, as folders or otherwise.

So I changed them back to a booktype of book. The ones that disappeared still refuse to appear. So now they have a booktype of book like they had before, but they do not show up on the Kindle. Nothing to do with folders.

I'm about 83 files down from 500+ left to replace, and I've spent a few hours on it. I should be done in 2 more days. Backup backup backup! Some of the files are now unreplaceable but I can at least read them on Mobipocket. The files themselves are fine, they just don't show in the Kindle.

And now I have almost 600 left to reindex. Sigh. Never again.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 10-25-2008 at 03:42 AM.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote