View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 06:24 AM   #106
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansl View Post
But if you accept that life is too short anyway...
I don't. I still hate Tolkien for introducing me to immortal Elves that stay young and beautiful looking like they're thirtyish when they really are close to 3,000. Yeah, I'd like to look like Elrond when I'm 3K years old...

Fortunately, Terry Brooks' Elves are more like men; they age and have a lifespan of about 85 years. (And they also have names that would make Tolkien turn in his grave.)

And yes, I'm buying faster than I can read, but with regard to some works (such as the Delphi Classics Charles Dickens collection, ~20K pages long), I don't expect to read everything. I also have Greek classics from Delphi, but I'm not going to read everything; I'll probably not read 6 translations of The Odyssey for example.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-14-2014 at 06:30 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote