View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

I want to visit Munich and Bavaria, probably in another 2 yrs. Should a first-timer to Munich plan to be there for Oktoberfest, or would we be overwhelmed? In my mind, it is sort of like Mardi Gras in New Orleans - best experienced for the first time with the help of a local.
I've been to Munich numerous times, including during OctoberFest. It's a great time and I don't think you'd feel overwhelmed. OctoberFest occurs largely in one area of the city (think very large fairgrounds) and, although that gets understandably crowded, the rest of the city seems fairly normal. More tourists around of course, but not overwhelming.

OTOH, Munich is such a great city that going outside of OctoberFest would still be a great time. Be sure and get to the old part of the city (AltenStadt) as there are some very nice restaurants and beer halls there. And plan on spending at least one night in the Haufbrau Hause.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote