View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 03:02 AM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickloraine View Post
No, I don't use it. I just mentioned it, because I think that a front end or some rules about what semantic styles should be used are needed. Personally I think the best possibility would be a set of predefined styles. Of course these could be provided by others. But some default styles and then templates how they would be rendered in the destination formats could be very helpful. So someone could make an word .dot with the right styles, an author could use it to write and then convert it to xml. So it would be possible to write in nearly all word processors or even editors (with some form of markdown) if someone writes a module, which converts the output to this standard xml.
But maybe this is nothing that you need to do. As I understand it, everyone could use what you do, to make such environments. Therefore such rules do not need to be part of what you do. But I think such a front end is needed in addition. After rereading what you said about open office, that could be an example for such an environment. Make an open office template and add a plugin to open office, which converts using the styles defined in the template and it could be an easy to use solution. So in short: I think I misread what you want to do or I didn't see immediately how it would be used by an author
Dick:

You might want to read the original, rather lengthy thread over at the Sigil forums: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...80&postcount=1 before you go further down this path of discussion. Just sayin'.

Good luck.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote