Thread: Glo Android on Glo
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #275
angor00
Enthusiast
angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by phj View Post
Some experience and news regarding the HD:
The image produced by Marek works on auraHD with some flash surgery, namely you need to retain the original image uboot,serial#,HW_CONFIG,waveform,etc stuff located in the beginning of the flash and change just the kernel uImage. In this case (maybe with minor modifications in the *.rc files, not remember exactly) the image is running!!
The display is perfect , bootanimation and all the screen seems to be good in full resolution. The strange part is the IR touch: the coordinates are swapped in both x-y and x right-left direction. Yes, it can be easily modify and I'm already done ( Beware: the kernel must be from naberius.de, it contains all the resolution changes we need and MUST be compiled with specific 4.4.3 toolchain as I see ). After that the touch working good, transfer all the points within the resolution (1440x1080) - BUT the system ( maybe the android part) does not allow a point which coordinate greater than approx. 1024, Unfortunatelly this means that the lower part of the screen not touchable - for ex. we have an on-screen keyboard, but can't press a key except from the uppermost line.
I used (because the original u-boot) different flash layout than Marek's Kobo Glo img - 1st partition is the ext4 system, 2nd is the data/cache and third is the w95 one - and it seems that vold not recognize the sdcard partition; both in auto and direct number mode probed in vold.conf.
At the moment we also have no light button as I see, but the power slider works well.
So this means that we will have Android in auraHD - sooner or later.
Anybody can help me to step further solving the touch coordinate problem???
I ran Android on my Aura HD. There are some deficiencies, which, however, do not prevent normal reading.

[Link deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-31-2014 at 03:01 PM.
angor00 is offline   Reply With Quote