View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #9
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
- use the old or new scheme depending on the app or device it is intended for.
That would mean that ADE needs to reencrypt the file for the device the file is uploaded to. That might take quite some time.

Still, ADE must be able to read the file, and therefore, be able to decrypt it. In the end, it will be possible to duplicate the steps ADE takes. I think that the strongest DRM would be that ADE requests information from Adobe's server, which stores all keys for all books you've bought, while not storing any keys on the system. In that case, another program has to fake being ADE itself.

Quote:
Encryption DRMs like ADEPT are wrappers added to the file.
(Which is why DRM removal is possible. The software captures the decryption key and extracts the interior file.)
In the case of the current ADEPT DRM, yes. It seems the new version adds another dynamic obfustication layer that can change decription keys for every single book (does it mean that a new personal key is issued for each book, used once, and discarded?), which may make it harder to crack.

I hope "they" (Alf & dudes) are able to crack this one, because at the moment I buy a book I can't de-DRM, I'm going to ditch the store that has upgraded. I might actually ask questions before buying, and might not buy if the answer doesn't satifsy me.

(The question will be simple: "Do your books require ADE 3.x to be read, or not?")

I'd rather buy at Amazon and extract/convert an EPUB from the AZW3 than to have a DRM-ed book.

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-22-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote