View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #55
Ceili
well, that didn't work
Ceili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Because entertainment unit A cannot be replaced by entertainment unit B so there is often no other shop. Also the way copyright works prohibit the appearance of alternative. So we get situations were an ebook is not available. So the markets works very differently.
Not necessarily, because I can rent it for free from the library or buy it cheaper in paperback.... I love to read, but having an e-book/electronic book is not a necessity... it is a desire, and when all comes out right (format, price, availability) it shows up on my device.

Having had my own work stolen and profited from by others and having had it denigrated by an evil, unhappy .... (well, I probably can't use the proper word here, but sounds like...itch) woman with a lack of personal talent and a deep seated need to make her stupid* students as unhappy as she... I can tell you that I hold writers that Can write in the highest of esteem. I won't steal their work.

*stupid in the way of accepting that she must be right.... and allowing her to continue to spread her poison.

I do believe that if a method of stopping piracy isn't developed, the rest of us will pay dearly... whether on a per read/time based/whatever else they can come up with method, and that will really ruin it all. I'd rather they see heaping big profits (since that is all big business thinks of) and decide they're happy with how it is panning out.
Ceili is offline   Reply With Quote