View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #377
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Hi AcidWeb

I want to convert a manga which is in 2-page per jpeg layout into a single page per jpeg manga, to be read on my Kobo aura. I'm glad that the program will split 2-page images properly into 2 single-image image files. However, because it is manga, and is to be read from right to left, the naming of the files seems to be wrong.

For example,
manga_000001_000000_kcca.jpg (which is the left panel)
manga_000001_000000_kccb.jpg (which is the right panel)
It should be the other way round, where kcca should be named as kccb, and kccb should be named as kcca, since manga is read from right to left. As it is, it will not be viewed correctly on kobo reader, where the left panel is viewed before the right panel.

Other than this, which is a critical issue, the program runs smoothly on my windows 7.

I also notice that for some devices, eg kobo aura, the 'manga mode' is not selectable. Also, choosing output as cbz format also greys out 'manga mode'. I wonder why this is the case.

Last edited by greenapple; 01-15-2014 at 01:37 AM.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote