Good timing too, what with the updated PC Companion that actually makes at least the PDF Sketch & Merge usable.
Firstly, there are 4 PDFs attached below:
- a blank page (Blank.pdf)
- a page with 1/2" lines (Lines.pdf)
- a page with a 1/2 cm quad grid (Quad.pdf)
- a page with Graph paper: 1cm w/ 2mm divisions) (Graph.pdf)
All should be a 1:1 match with the DR1000S display, i.e. 1024x1280, 160DPI in portrait mode. However, they may not quite work out perfectly because of the way PDFs scale in general (completely disregarding anything "pixel"), and the screen DPI being a guestimate, so don't whip out a ruler quite yet... They have to be PDFs because that's the only format currently supporting the Merge feature.
How to use them:
- Copy them into the Writepads folder on your reader
- In the PC Companion software, apply "Convert to Template" to each one. This step needs to be done by you because the info is saved in the metadata.db file on your reader, not in the original files.
- On the DR1000: The PDFs should now appear in the Writepads folder, with a little round seal in the top left corner indicating they are templates.
- Open one, in the Zooming menu switch to Full Screen & Fit to Screen (or Hide Margins)
, and in the Writing menu pick a pen and start scribbling away!
NOTE: That's the only way to get them mostly undistorted. Zooming menu: 100% and optionally
Full Screen works only for images... and those cannot be "merged" by the Companion software at this point.
- Added "Lines_Narrow.pdf" (~1cm lines)
- Added 50-sheet "Pads" of each type
- Added source PNG files
- Removed Grayscale test images (will create new thread on the subject)
Hope you find all these useful!