View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #356
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_M_Mugford View Post
ESchwartz hit the proverbial answer on the nailhead and you will probably be good to go with the changing of the text to the field name and then adding the the :.3 modifier. And the suggestion to accommodate empty #purchase1 fields was also something to consider.

I have a similar situation but I DO use a shortened created column for the field that I want to be two characters long ...

I have a #genre column created from my #tagesgm column that I want to be two characters long: {#tagsgm:re( *(.[^\,]?)[^\,]*?(\,|$),\1\2)}

I believe adding a \3 behind the two and substituting your base created column of #purchase1 would work. I then use the following plugboard:

[{#readrank:ifempty(9)}{#genre:ifempty(SF)}] {#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,.,#shortene d,series)}{series_index:|-|-}{title}

As you can see, I use {#genre:ifempty(SF)} to create a default value so that it's never EMPTY, which MIGHT be something you want to consider.

However, I think the earlier answer is PROBABLY what you were looking for and I only offer up my solution as another way to approach the possibility of handling a blank #purchase1.

Again, all of this stuff from me is actually only regurgitated Chaley. Any added errors are all mine.
This just went way over my head, I have no idea how to get this to work, but let me just put this out there, there are no black purchased fields. Every book has where I purchased it from, so that is not a factor. I appreciate you helping, but I just do not understand your explanation. Sorry.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote