View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #33
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Question Launcher Does Not Appear

Hello:

I have been trying (2 days) to load the KoboLauncher onto my Kobo Touch but so far, no cigar. So I thought I'd turn to you, the experts, for advice! First, does the Kobo need to be rooted? I haven't seen any instructions as to doing this but I thought I'd ask!

I have twice loaded koboroot.tgz to the root of .kobo. The first time I didn't know to also load launcher.png so naturally, it didn't work!

Second time I used the advice found in post # 1 of this thread. I got as far as Step 6 - after a loooong time, the Kobo finally restarted, but there was no launcher button on the home page.

So, I am at a standstill. I have a N905 Kobo touch running Firmware 3.0.0. Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Sparky

Last edited by TheArtfulDodger; 12-12-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Change Notification
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote