View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #36823
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano. Other devices gathering dust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Had a somewhat transcendental experience tonight .... I embarked on my after dinner walk - it's quite dark by 6:30 - lots of my neighbors have put lighted seasonal decorations on their lawns - so my walk is a lot of fun - even if my nose is freezing off my face ...
So I pass the house with 5 of those inflatable moving decorations - and at the next house I swear I'm seeing reindeer! Real reindeer! I can hear them too! Snorting & bleating & chewing!
And I only had ONE Guinness with dinner!

So I cautiously advance to find ... one of my neighbors has fenced in his front yard - which now contains a herd of goats! I counted 10 in the dark - there may be more. Adult floppy eared goats .... In a residential neighborhood ....

I'm driving by slowly tomorrow on my way to work to see if they are really there ... or if I have finally sprung a mental leak!
Maybe they're Jewish.

Spoiler:
Having been raised in the Southern Baptist tradition, My knowledge of what to expect at a Jewish worship service was practically nil, so when I decided to attend a Shabbat service at a local Reform temple, I asked the Rabbi if I had to "wear one of those hats that Jews wear at services." With more than a bit of twinkle in his eye, he replied, "No, but bring a goat."
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote