View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #169
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Just a technical note, Blossom: those are not textures. Textures are the opposite of solid-colour backgrounds. Textures means: not the same colour throughout the background; there's got to be some variation built in. I find that essential for comfortable reading of e-books. For example, most of my night-themes are predominantly black, but with blotches of red thrown in to introduce some variation to the monotony of a solid-colour background.

In contrast, the link you posted only shows solid-colour backgrounds -- zero textures. I despise all solid-colour backgrounds, and couldn't/wouldn't read e-books with them, unless forced to. (Another reason why I consider Kindle and iBooks unusable e-reader software for me.)
I know that but there are textures in way they are image files. We call them solid or plain textures in the graphic design business.

Anyways there are many here who may find this useful when trying to find a comfortable reading background in a hurry as using RGB value you can look it up as well but this is like you can bookmark your favorite background color without making a full theme for it. They are pretty nifty to use as you can use the alpha slider to changed to the shade to get it just right. Most people read on solid colors so this can help those who might have problems figuring out how to get the right color for them. Great if you are off line and away from a Computer and can't look up the RGB value or you just want to bookmark a background color to read on instead.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote