View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #245
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
A high-flown term for what should be obvious... the 3 Android navigation buttons getting out of the way, not reducing screen real estate in situations such as reading an e-book. In Jelly Bean and earlier, they were permanently displayed, reducing the space on which the book text was displayed. Discussed and rehashed endlessly earlier in this thread.

The trouble is, there might be some additional apps such as Moon+ Reader Pro where getting rid of the 3 buttons might make sense, too... but it's not always as clear-cut in every app, as it is in Moon+, whether the 3 buttons being hidden would be preferable or not. Quite a conundrum on Android devices.

By the way, "immersive mode" does not work for me (yet) in Mantano -- yet another reason for me to prefer Moon+ over Mantano. Also, I can't seem to be able to adjust paragraph spacing in Mantano, which is a must for me; and I can't find any textured backgrounds in Mantano, either, or the ability to use my own custom textured backgrounds (perhaps I haven't looked for it enough), which is another must for me.
I came into the thread only after I got KitKat so I am clueless when it comes to KitKat. All my other devices have Gingerbread except the new Kindle Fire I got on Cyber Monday it has a Jelly Bean hybrid I think?

Immersive mode is nice but not necessary for me. I am use to reading on a 6" Kindle so I didn't even notice till you mentioned it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote