View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #617
crissman
Enthusiast
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Uploading books to a custom shelf

Hi, I am not sure if this was asked or answered in the several pages here.

What I would like to do with this addon is to have a custom shelf in goodreads "Library" and upload my complete collection to goodreads and from that point either manually added the particular books I am reading/re-reading/or currently reading to various shelves. As I said manually do this via the goodreads website or somehow do this automatically based on maybe a column in calibre itself or some kind of alternative.

What I did was a test run (forgive me first time playing with this addon) and selected a bunch of books in calbre and used the add to shelf option and chose my "library" shelf. When I went to verify that it indeed uploaded those books to goodreads I found that it not only added the books to my library shelf but also added it to the "read" shelf.

Is there anything I can do to stop it from adding to the "exclusive shelves" and just add to my own custom shelf? Then from there either have an option to select a secondary shelf or add it via calibre/manually once I have read the particular book?

Thanks in advance for any help and apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

Crissman

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwdecarlo View Post
I have set up a custom column to capture the Goodreads shelf when I sync via Goodreads sync. I then use the Goodreads Sync 'Shelf Add Actions' and 'Sync Actions' to populate this custom column. Once the custom column is setup and populated, it can be used like any other column (displayed, searched on, in scripting, etc).

Here are screen shots of my custom column, and how I am populating it within the Goodreads Sync customize. Note: I only use the standard Goodreads shelves, so I am using a Text column with set values. You can change this to be any other text type if you use others, or just add the extra values you need to the set values of the column. I find using the set values makes it easier to capture when a book is moved to a different shelf.

I have also including a screen shot of my Date Read and My Rating custom columns.

I hope this is helpful.

This solved almost all of my issues..
The only question I do now have is in regards to just added books to your own custom shelf only rather then it applying it to your own custom shelf as well as the "read" exclusive shelf.
Since I have one calibre library for my entire family but goodreads is exclusively for myself it would be nice to have all my books in a shelf called "library" and then from there be able to designate my books in to ones I am interested in reading in the future to be able to put those in the "to read" shelf. There are alot of books that I have that I am not interesting in read now or ever but I have them because I have other family members that are.

Using the above information I added an option to the column stats where instead of just having unread,reading,read I also added library. and now everything is working PERFECTLY

A big thanks to edwdecarlo your screenshots made a world of difference.

Last edited by crissman; 11-14-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: SOLVED!! Found Some Info
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote