View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #319
guitarchitect
guitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud of

Device: kobo aura hd... maybe
Just upgraded to the newest firmware last night - it's awesome! Already loving the pocket integration - so great.

However, reading stats!! Seriously?? One of the biggest selling points, for me, was the reading stats! I love the time estimate, it really helps me keep reading - I noticed that it's still there for books I've purchased through the Kobo store, but none of my sideloaded books (Project Gutenberg FTW!) have it. However - if you go to "Extras" from the home screen and hit "Reading Stats" it'll tell you your current book - even if it's sideloaded - and where you are, how long the next chapter will take to read, etc etc.

So - it's definitely calculating the stats. Anyone know if there's an unofficial plan for a "hybrid" firmware, which would keep the Pocket integration but also bring back stats for sideloaded books? Or are they afraid if they do that no one will ever upgrade their firmware again?
guitarchitect is offline   Reply With Quote