View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #44
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Replacement sent back

Just to report back the discoloration issue of Aura HD.

1) The replacement screen still has the discoloration issue - with less yellow (red actually in comparison) on the top but more blue on the bottom. I suppose the recent screen panels used for the HD have been adjusted to a colder color temperature but the color shifting from bottom to top is still there - if the screen on the replacement is from a later batch. It may be unavoidable because there is no light on the top of the screen. The light simply dims after travelling.

2)There is a noticeable bright dead pixel at the bottom left corner of the screen of the replacement in addition other less visible ones. My original purchase also has dead pixels but less noticeable - in fact I didn't know they existed until I saw the more noticeable one on the replacement and started to look for them on the original one.

The replacement was sent back on the same day. I will live with the issue, which was created either by my high expectation or two times of bad luck. In any case, I'd rather focus on reading than dealing with another replacement.

The two photos below are to show that A) the discoloration does exit in both models. B) the replacement simply has a colder color temperature: compare the bottoms of the screens - areas close to "kobo.com/help". In both photos the left is my original purchase, the right is the replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1533.JPG
Views:	387
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	114884   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1532.JPG
Views:	395
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	114885  

Last edited by jshzh; 11-09-2013 at 02:06 AM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote