View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 12:59 PM   #12
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
For the brief time that we can't have our electronic devices on, I personally just spend it praying to God that the plane won't crash while I am on it.

Seriously though, I get the point that most of our e-readers don't interfere with the electronics on the plane, but future e-readers (as more of them become wireless) may cause problems. Maybe we should just get used to it now.

So it doesn't bother me to have my reader off for a bit. The majority of the flight can be spent reading so it wasn't that bad for me. And for the record, I have a friend who is an airline pilot here in the U.S. and he says that cell phones and stuff DO cause quirks with their flight instruments. I've heard others say it doesn't. I'm willing to be on the side of safety and just turn them off when they say.

Besides, I don't really relish the thought of the plane going down, spiraling out of control, as the pilot yells: "I told you morons to turn your electronic devices oooooffffff...." That's a "I told ya so" I don't wanna hear.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote