Originally Posted by shighfield
Nick: Forgive me for asking before I look. <cough> Have you created a step by step walkthrough for installing everything yet? As for including the tools in the archive that might be the best way to go, and to start as new versions are out we'll make it easy to upgrade. (Unzip to this directory)
I've almost got something to show you guys... Unfortunately my programming skills are rusty, and I never learned a modern language so I'm learning as I go.
<cough> I just pulled this out from my back pocket... <cough> <cough>
Lit2sb (lit to imp) Homepage
: Convert .lit directly into .IMP formats
1. Unzip s32lit2sb.zip
2. Read s32lit2sb-INSTRUCTIONS-by-NR.txt
2a. Install the s32lit2sb.exe program.
2b. Create empty files called 'debug' and 'GEB1150' using a text editor in the installed directory.
2c. Update the clit14.exe file in the Home directory with the clit.exe (version 1.8) command-line program installed by ConvertLIT GUI
2d. 'Associate' the .lit filetype with the lit2sb.exe program, using these dos commands:
c:\>ftype LitFile="C:\Program Files\lit2sb\lit2sb.exe" "%1"
3. Replace installed lit2sb.exe with the updated version contained in this .zip: lit2sb.zip
4. Just double-click the .lit file and it will be automatically converted into .imp format.
: Mobi2IMP 9.4 with new Windows GUI & UTF-8
1. Unzip Mobi2IMP-9.4-Installer.zip
2. Install the Mobi2IMP-9.4.exe program
3. Update the Mobi2IMP.exe in the install directory's bin folder with the updated version contained in this .zip (if any): Mobi2IMP-9.4b-dos.zip
4. Copy the start menu icon for Mobi2IMP to the desktop for easier access to start the Mobi2IMP GUI.
5. Start the GUI, select an input file, check any applicable options and click Convert.
: PDFRead 1.8 released!
1. Unzip pdfread-1.8.2-Installer.zip
2. Install the pdfread-1.8.2.exe program
3. Copy the start menu icon for PDFRead to the desktop for easier access to start the PDFRead GUI.
4. Start the GUI, select an input file, in format, output format, enter Title & Author & Category, check any applicable options and click Convert.
p.s. Just 'quote' this message to see all the links in their original form.