View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I use LibreOffice - it's free. I don't "bother with styles", I use them to good effect. Similarly I use th spell-checker to good effect - by keeping it up to date with character names and so on. If Scrivener had proper access to styles, and better support for story threads, then I would use it. I like many of the word processing features of LibreOffice (smart quotes etc., the various hyphenation "corrections" and so on). I use sections and a master document to let me work on chapters separately. I use LibreOffice for my other work as well, so it's not something new for me to learn. In short, I don't think I'm one of your target audience.

When you speak of "plain text" you are not clear whether you may mean UTF8, or whether you expect the user to mark-up non-ASCII codes in some way.

I'm not saying that it's not an interesting idea, just that it's not something that I would use.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote