View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #10
sun surfer
in this great future
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mini & sony 950
A three-way tie so far and not too long to go. I wonder if there will be any last-minute vote to break it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I voted for Ireland and the UK. But (IMHO) I think that Ireland should be in a category of its own as it has not only a remarkable double tradition in English {Anglo-Irish and English works written from an Irish Cultural/Nationalistic perspective} but another equally significant corpus in the Irish Language...
Oh, I completely agree, about Ireland especially. But on this regard I feel that what's done is done (I especially don't want to work on that map again! ). Besides, it will take years to run through these regions, and in that time any member could decide to use a rotating nomination to showcase a particular culture or area if so inclined, such as Bookpossum did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
As I've been doing quite a bit of research on regions, I think that the South Pacific needs to disappear as an option in itself. The number of available books is pretty slim and the eBook availability is tragic. It's on my list to read some titles from there, but I've found so little from native authors.
It's for this reason that I think the region could be very interesting. Bookpossum just made an entire month of Australia only and that's just one of the countries included in the South Pacific region. And don't forget, the South Pacific also happens to include the literary mecca of Antarctica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I've got a corking nomination for the Philippines, if it ever gets to that point.
Oh, sounds interesting!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote