View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Hamlet53
Empress Dowager Cixi
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I voted for Ireland and the UK. But (IMHO) I think that Ireland should be in a category of its own as it has not only a remarkable double tradition in English {Anglo-Irish and English works written from an Irish Cultural/Nationalistic perspective} but another equally significant corpus in the Irish Language.

Of course, I probably should have said that long ago! {red face}
I understand your pride in Irish heritage and literature. On the other hand the same qualification could be added in my opinion to grouping Portugal, Belgium, The Netherlands, Spain & France in one category. I could easily see an argument that at least three literary and cultural genres—Spain & Portugal, France, Belgium & The Netherlands—would have merit as separate possibilities out of the current combination of all. So many countries balancing against too fine grained a division .

I actually did not vote for Ireland & The U.K. At this time because looking back over the selection for 2013 to date three of the ten were in that category.

Last edited by Hamlet53; 11-01-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote