View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #851
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
@Jellby -- did you check other offerings from internet archive?
I did, and didn't find anything much better. Slightly better, yes, like the ones you mentioned...

Quote:
But it is always easier to go lighter--you cannot get back detail that is missing because the source is too pale and washed out the details.
Except when it's the dark details which are lost in a single black blob

Actually, I was especially interested in getting a scan of the British edition, as it apparently has at least one illustration that's not present in the American one (the title image of the last story, in the American edition it's duplicated from the first story). Compare:

British edition
American edition

Unfortunately, that British edition scan is quite blurry. (I'd like to have the British cover too.)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote