View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 08:44 PM   #147
FanciFreez
Banned
FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, KPW2, Nexus 7.2, iPad 4, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
I want to buy a nook but B&N is making it tough!

After seeing this thread and viewing all the pics and you tube clips yesterday I was intrigued. Also, to be honest, I feel like a heel browsing through my local B&N and then going home to order Amazon or Kobo books.

So I stopped by my neighborhood store last night with my bank card on fire, ready to be a proud Nook owner.

But to my dismay, the store didn't have a clerk anywhere near the Nook display. I stayed there playing with it for a half hour and not a soul came to sell me. And this on the very day of the big announcement of a new, cool e-reader! I lost any confidence in B&N and any interest in the Nook.

Another e-book fanatic came in and after playing around with the second unit, he too left.

Now, I know this is just one store and a manager who didn't understand how critical it might have been to have a knowledgeable clerk working the display, but still...how am I supposed to react to their indifference?

I will be sticking with my Kindle and Kobo.
Yes, Barnes and Noble is in BIG trouble.. some of the personal are totally CLUELESS when you ask them a question about a NOOK device. they have weak management and employee training.. that is why Amazon is destroying them.. they need to get it RIGHT fast.. real FAST.. or they will be gone.. same with Best Buy..
FanciFreez is offline   Reply With Quote