View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
AZW3>EPUB conversions have tiny text on Google Play Books [Android]

I don't know if anyone else has tried it, but after converting an AZW3 to EPUB I uploaded it to Google Play Books. It was mostly successful, but font size was locked at an extremely small setting and couldn't be adjusted in the GPB Android app. I tried tweaking conversion settings and going EPUB to EPUB with no luck. My goal was to be able to both read in GPB and use the high quality text-to-speech. I can do the latter, but the text is way too small for extended reading, so I'm switching back and forth between reading apps and manually finding my place. The EPUBs work normally in Mantano.

ETA: And the simple solution, I've now confirmed, is to buy ADE EPUBs (from Google or elsewhere) in the first place, get them into my Calibre library via the method that shall not be named, and then re-upload them to Google. Maybe I'll just suffer through app-switching my current read and keep the limitations of Amazon>Google conversions in mind for the future.

Last edited by taosaur; 10-29-2013 at 02:10 PM.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote