View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #11
Xanthe
Wizard
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Sony T1, Sony 350, Pandigital, eBM 911, Nook HD & HD+
Quote:
But now with the ereader section removed entirely and all the previous Sony Readers listed as discontinued, it looks like Sony is leaving the US ebook reader market for good. Some may hold out hope for a new Sony Reader next year and a return to the US market, but not me. Companies donít pull the plug on something for 1 year just to bring it back the next year, especially a product with a narrow user base that has been in decline for 3 years. I think that this is the end of the Sony Reader, at least in the US.
But Sony has been like the tide with regards to ereaders in the US. They introduce them, then they disappear from the playing field for a few years, then they come back here, then they retreat again. I remember when they came out with the first Reader and only released it in Japan.

They should just stick to creating a well-crafted ereader - which is what they do best - and ditch the Reader Store. Their Store prices have always been higher than any other ebook provider; I know that I've never bought anything from them for any of my Sonys. Maybe that's just USA-centric; I don't know what kind of business they do with it in the rest of the world.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote